Ashley Ellensohn

Monday, October 10, 2011

What I learned about myself (MBTI)

            The MBTI lesson taught me a lot about myself and how I learn. I’m hoping to use this knowledge to the best of my ability. Using what I learned I’m hoping that I can find better ways to study and to succeed.
            The first thing I learned was that I am an extravert. This means that I get my energy from outside sources. This makes it easy for me to socialize but hard for me to study and learn on my own. It often helps for me to be in a quiet room alone to get something accomplished.
            Next I discovered that I acquire most of my information using my senses and focusing on the present versus looking at the big picture. This helps me to get things done in a fashionable manner but it inhibits me from focusing on a lot of long term goals. It is easier for me to take things as they come instead of planning ahead.
            I also make a lot of decisions based on feeling. I make decisions based on my morals and beliefs. I would rather go against everyone else and stand up for what I believe in rather than doing what I feel is wrong.
            I like to be very organized in all that I do. I judge things rather than perceiving them. It is easier for me know all of the possible outcomes instead of being flexible and going with the flow. Sometimes I wish I was more flexible and other times I wish other people would be more organized.
            All of these qualities help me to understand the best ways for me to go about doing things. It may not always be the way other people see fit but as long as it works for me it is what I will do.

2 comments:

  1. Ashley we have the same MBTI results, I also like to be very organized and I make a lot of decisions based on my feelings. It is interesting to find other people that have the same results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree understanding our MBTI types can definitely help you study and learn better.

    ReplyDelete