Ashley Ellensohn

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

SMART Goal Setting

Most of my goals are goals I have just always had and don’t really critique anymore. The SMART Goal Setting instrument helped me to look at my goals and see if they needed to be more refined or not.
            My goal of becoming a veterinarian is pretty specific. One way to make it more specific would be to say that I want to be a large animal veterinarian. It is also very measurable. I know if I devote myself to something I can achieve it. I have always been a very hard worker and I will continue to do so. My goal is also attainable. It is possible for me to become a veterinarian. There is nothing keeping me from achieving this goal. It is also very realistic. It is not a goal that is out of my reach. I have always been good in school and I have the potential to excess in vet school. There is also a deadline for this goal. If I want to be a vet I have to get into vet school and graduate in four years.
            One of my other main goals is to get a 4.0 grade point average. This is a very specific goal because it is an exact number. It is also very measureable because I can keep track of all of my grades and make sure I try my hardest on each assignment. It is also attainable because it is a goal that many people have and attain. It is also realistic because I have the ability to work hard in school and the mental ability to attain a 4.0. The time bound for a goal like this is every semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment