Ashley Ellensohn

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Social Media

Social media can be a huge part of our everyday lives. It allows us to be in constant communication with family members, co-workers, employers, friends, and anyone else we may need to keep in contact with. The different forms of media all affect our lives in different ways. Some of these ways can be good and some can be harmful.
                I chose to use Facebook as my media adventure for the week. I am pretty familiar with Facebook so it seemed like the best idea. I learned that there are many opportunities on Facebook that I was unaware of. Prior to this assignment I used Facebook as a means to connect with friends, now I am able to use it as a means to get in touch with different businesses. This also means that businesses can see what I post on Facebook. So, I also learned that it is important to watch what I put on Facebook and to keep it professional.
                All other mediums are also very accessible by companies. This is why it is important to make sure you are only putting things on the internet that you want people to see.  The internet can give us a lot of information but it can also get us into trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment